Please refer to our Egalitarian Community Leadership Policy and Event Guidelines.
Start a new region in your area - If your home region isn’t found on this list and you would like to start a region in your area, please email Anne at MormonStories@gmail.com.
Take on a leadership role in your home region - We’re always looking for new leaders. If you’re interested in admin-ing a regional Facebook group, helping welcome new members, or keeping track of regional activities, we’d love to have your help. Please volunteer by emailing Anne at MormonStories@gmail.com.
Mormon Stories regional leaders:
- Lead their regions through offering friendship, support and encouragement
- Lead their regions through empowering community members
- Do not have authority over community members
- Do not have the responsibility to counsel community members and should refer all members who need counseling to licensed professionals
Organize and manage regional events – All are welcome to organize and manage regional events without seeking permission from Mormon Stories or regional leaders. If you’re interested in making an event happen, you’re welcome to get started today. Book clubs, podcast discussion groups, play groups and dinner groups are popular, but the sky’s the limit.
Members organizing regional events must adhere to the following guidelines*:
- Event activities must be legal
- People and property must be kept safe
- Events must be conducted in the spirit of the Mormon Stories Shared Values
- If children under the age of 18 are involved, members must adhere to the Mormon Stories Child Protection Policy.
- Mormon Stories does not affiliate with events that include consensual adult sex, legal porn, or other legal sex-related activities.
* Events that do not comply with these guidelines will not be considered Mormon Stories events and cannot be advertised as such.
Host regional events in your home – If you’re not inclined to organize an event, but you’d like to host someone else’s event in your home, please contact your regional Facebook admins.
Plan a conference – Any interested member of a Mormon Stories region is welcome to plan a local Mormon Stories conference. Mormon Stories does not issue callings nor make deliberate efforts to recruit conference planners. Rather, conference planners recruit themselves, so to speak, by stepping forward to volunteer. The links below provides current and potential planners with the information needed to host conferences in their home regions. Click here for more information and contact Anne at MormonStories@gmail.com to volunteer.