For an HTML class I’m taking for my masters at USU, I’ve been creating a web site dedicated to laying out the “facts” surrounding 10 of the top issues that cause some people to struggle within Mormonism and Mormon History.
You can check out the site here: https://mormonstories.org/top10toughissues
I very much welcome your feedback….for both tone and accuracy. As mentioned on the home page, my design specs for this site are:
For each topic, we will in no way attempt to cover the material comprehensively. Instead, these topics will be VERY BRIEF. Our intent will be to do the following:
- Provide a very brief overview of each issue, based on primary sources and church publications wherever possible.
- A “Just the facts” approach will be taken wherever possible.
- We will provide support for each topic with good links to more comprehensive information.
- We will try to provide a balanced view from multiple sides (where possible). And finally,
- We take it as a premise that God has inspired, and continues to inspire the LDS church, and its leaders–though not necessarily exclusively.
What we will not try to do in this course:
- We do not seek to criticize the church, or its leadership. While we may lay out some facts that are hard to understand, we in no way desire to sit in the judgment seat.
- We do not seek to apologize for the church, or attempt to justify the past. Instead, we seek to inform those that are interested, to increase basic awareness of the facts surrounding these tough issues, mostly so that they can be informed when trying to support others who have struggled w/ the LDS faith.
I look forward to your thoughts/feedback.