Lately I’ve been feeling a very strong pull to bring Mormon Stories back. If I were to do so, I would target few areas I feel really strongly about:
- Attempts at interviews with prominent LDS church members — Stephanie Nielson (Nie Nie), Shannon Hale, Robin Jensen, Chad Hardy, Stephen Kapp Perry, Dustin Lance Black, Laura Compton, Hawkgrrrl, Kevin Barney, Lisa Butterworth, Philip Barlow, John Hamer, Daniel Peterson, Peter and Mary Danzig, etc.
- A deep dive/exploration into mental illness within Mormonism.
- Provide stories to help couples wherein one or both are experiencing a crisis of faith — in a way that might help them to avoid unproductive pain and/or divorce, and
- Providing stories that will help people through the damaging social, familial and spiritual effects of an LDS-related faith crisis (without any “nudge” or preference as to whether or not they stay in or leave the church). The overarching goals here would be to
- Create deeper understanding and empathy within our culture for those in a faith crisis, and
- Provide healthy “role models” (tips and tricks) from people who have successfully worked through this crisis — from across the spectrum of belief/non-belief (ex-Mormons, post-Mormons, New Order Mormons, StayLDS, Apologists, etc.). The idea isn’t to point people in a specific direction, but instead to provide stories that will help people find the path that works best for them.
- And of course, all the Mormon Stories goodness you have come to know and love. :)
I could not do it alone. I would need lots of help to make it happen.
If any of you are interested in supporting such a podcast, please contact me at: email@example.com.